1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downloading movies/TV shows

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by fortyoz, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

last time i even used bearshare was 02. didn't even know people still used it nowadays.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

I know Limewire is headed in that direction, too. I fear the day ...

3. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

i'm so out of touch of "singles" file sharing. do people still even use winmx? morpheus? i stick to torrents, because i care about albums more than singles, but that's just me.

what about dc++ forums? that used to be the hook for me before all the mods got uppidy. jesus, get a fucking life, guys.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Me too. Although I think I mighta deleted it in '01, somewhere between the original Napster and Limewire. I've been on Limewire for close to five years now.

5. fortyoz

fortyoz Guest

torrents are awesome. They will never, ever die. It's not possible.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've pretty much given up on downloading with the demise of Bearshare. To me, that was the last one where you could expect to get what you were looking for.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think eMule is similar to Bit Torrent. I've never used Bit Torrent.

I'd never even heard of Bearshare.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I've been using BitTorrent for several years and it's never failed me. It takes a while to download depending on the number of people who have whatever it is you want, but it's solid. Anything from regular rips of TV shows,HDTV rips of Lost and 24 to full albums of your favorite artist. DC++ is still around but the thing for that is to get into a user group, kind of the way you do for BitTorrent. Again, I mainly use it for TV shows I miss.
    You can try:
    mininova.org
    or type in 'whatever it is you're looking for + torrent' in google and it should take you to a site to snag it.You need a program like BitLord to download the Torrent to your computer and then you'll probably need to unzip or unrar it once you downloaded it. I guess if i had TiVo I wouldn't need to be downloading shows I miss but as for music, you can't beat torrents or DC++ (if you're a cheap bastard like most of us).

On another note, I like buying box sets of certain TV shows or movies to add to the collection. You get some bonus material and plus, I don't know, I just like having them as compared to burned CD's/DVD's. Actually, I prefer to buy my movies and box sets of TV Shows.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Huh? Explain. People are downloading TV shows from the Internet all over the place. What does this have to do with high school kids on message boards?

10. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I missed that, too, TSP.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He's referring to stupid high school kids coming on and blathering pointlessly about things that are supercool, but that are only going to happen in their own minds.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yeah, what 2CM said.

You all seriously haven't noticed the large number of new posters who are obviously kids? Maybe I should've started another thread and been more clear about it, but I honestly thought this thread would die a quick death and offered a fine example of what I was talking about.

I'm just wondering why we've suddenly become so popular among the kids. That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.