1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Douglas Berman, The Army All American Bowl, and ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by eyeonsportsmedia, Dec 13, 2007.

1. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/13/sports/ncaafootball/13sandomir.html?_r=3&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

That won't be anywhere near enough, BYH. Here, try this...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It's probably to avoid confusion with this guy that the Car Talk guy decided to go by Doug "The Subway Fugitive, Not a Slave to Fashion, Bongo-Boy" Berman.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

Worrying about which game has more kids playing Three-hat Monte with their college choices? I'll pass.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've tried, I really have, and I can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck this thread is about.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't make me start working my corners, buckdub.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It is what it is.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You said it, chief.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The only reason any of us would care about a high school all-star game is if we have a local in the game. Otherwise, who the heck cares? So the story would be: We have two of them now? Why?

10. Still have no idea what's going on here.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

These games should be absolutely fucking banned.

No kid anywhere is going to get a scholarship offer based on what happens in a game like this. The college coaches have had four years, 50 games, three summer camp sessions, etc etc etc to decide whether Tommy Tailback can play or not.

Taking into account the chance of blowing out a knee running plays you don't know with teammates you don't know, for coaches you don't know, the whole idea of playing sounds more and more insane.

If I were a top-level BCS coach, I would flat-out forbid any of my commits from playing in any of these games. If you're going to blow out a knee, you're going to do it for Bigstate U, not some dipshit all-star game.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The fact that the folks running the Army All-America Game are all but forcing kids to declare their college choice ON THE SIDELINES DURING THE GAME tells me they're slimy as shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted