1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doug Flutie Dropkick to Week 7 of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 14, 2014.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

April fools day, early?
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 4m4 minutes ago
    BREAKING: The JETS have just agreed with Seattle to a trade sending WR Percy Harvin to NY for conditional pick. FOX SPORTS has learned.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He's so irrelevant. It's actually a testament to the Seahawks' organizational plan that they're so good despite wildly overpaying for him.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I like teams that basically admit to making a mistake a move on. He's a dynamic talent that's production never matches the hype.

I also wonder if there were other issues within the team.

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

I have long promoted the idea that the two most important things an NFL GM can do are minimize risk and admit his mistakes.

You know, the opposite of Jerry Jones.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Apparently not, but how does this make sense for the Seahawks?

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He wasn't helping them, and now they no longer have to pay for his lack of production.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If you take away the flash and occasional big play his actual production does not merrit his salary. Deal might no be there in the offseason especially with how injury prone he is.

10. outofplace

Long term, I see that. Short term, I would think they are still a better team with him.

JC, I get your point. Not sure I love even a small drop-off in season for a defending champion with a shot at repeating, but dumping the deal could help, depending on the cap numbers.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What makes you think they're better with him? What evidence do you hâve?

12. outofplace

He does have 22 receptions and the kind of speed that is a threat even when he isn't making plays. Worth the money? No. Worth having? Yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted