1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Douchebag holds MLB player's first HR ball for ransom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 15, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Who the f*ck goes to BP to catch balls? And then brags about it? Jesus...

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

This post sort of addresses something I thought about when (ugh) reading this guy's blog.

Asking for a game-used Hanley Ramirez bat can be a big deal if he is superstitious about his bats. I'm sure he wouldn't be thrilled about giving one of those away. It's bad enough the douche wanted another player's bat. But a game-used one is WAY over the line especially.

Either way, guy is a total douche.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Other people in the stands need to know who this asshole is and to accost, ridicule and shower him with beer and food at every opportunity - "add that to your fucking collection, shithead!!"

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

How about...a doucheblogger?

There. Coined a new phrase.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yes, the guy is clearly an epic, world-class asshole. Yes. Yes. Yes. YES.

But the last graf here is the money graf. Most modern players expect EVERYTHING
    to go their own precious way re their own personal social flow. 50-60 years ago,
    when MLB players were still "one of us", I could see that. Now? Cough up the
    goodies, MLBer, or STFU (though the airfare demand is 'WAY out of line). Somebody
    needs to say, "Not so fast, studly" to these self-absorbed bastards -- and often.

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

It's not my cup of tea, but why does everyone get so pissy about a guy who likes to try to get baseballs. It's a hobby for him.
    There are wayyy too many people here on a high horse and they need a dose of reality ASAP.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Here's a dose of reality.

-- He's a grown adult chasing around baseballs. That's fucking sad no matter whether you want to call it a hobby or otherwise.

-- He's basically demanding ransom for something that's a personal keepsake of that player. Yeah he doesn't really owe it to the player, but on the other hand, why demand anything? Since when does catching a baseball gave anyone a sense of entitlement? Just take the high road and give the guy the ball. If he gives you something for it, thank him.

Instead, the guy acts like a world-class prick. Fuck him and fuck him calling himself the best Brewers fan. Eat a dick looser.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

You rule. :D

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

What I'd love is for some intrepid hacker to somehow crack his way into the Happy Youngster's blog, cybersquat it and then sell the rights back to him for a hefty ransom.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's my kind of reality dose right there.

We might get "pissy" about him when he demands big-time booty for snagging a baseball in the stands.

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I agree with Rhody. It's not my thing, and I would NOT demand anything for it, but I don't see the big deal here. He enjoys chasing balls, and since he caught it, it IS his property. If he wants to get a few things for it, I have no problem with it. Seems to me both sides share the blame in this. Marlins folks sure seemed to act like pricks, too.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I imagine you haven't seen this guy routinely push kids and sometimes knocking them down in order to get said baseball.

Draft saved Draft deleted