1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doritos X-13D flavor

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, May 20, 2007.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I miss the old Taco flavor. (80's?)

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Those were great for taco salad.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I wish Doritos would make a taco shell with Doritos flavor on them. Nacho Cheese & Cool Ranch would be sweet.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

http://www.enduringvision.com/archives/doritos/timeline7.htm

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I bought a bag of the "experimental" Doritos last night. One full mouthful was enough to send Little Man and I both to the trash can spitting out the contents. The bag went with it.

Kind of a pizza, tomato flavor which we did not like at all. I much prefer that Wild White Cheddar flavor they put out here and there recently.

And I miss like hell the original Taco flavor and the 3D Doritos.

6. I also thought the "secret" Doritos were awful.

I'll tell you what they're trying to do: Make chips that taste like an hamburger. Notice the hint on the bag says "All-American" flavor.

Why not just ... eat a hamburger?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Now, who went first? Little man or you, followed by Little Man after seeing you spit?

8. Don't eat them.

It's probably a government plot to sterilize some segment of the population (like sportswriters).

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It was actually simultaneous. We tried them together, hacked them up together. Like father, like son.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Doritos didn't hire the kid who "flavored" the salad dressing in a high school lunch room for this flavor did they?

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

And they made it taste like the most rancid, hated parts of that hamburger. I love Doritos almost as much as life itself, but this new flavor tastes like licking dill pickle juice from Oliver Miller's asscrack.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's been, wow, like decades since I've had a McDonald's hamburger. What the hell do they taste like now? I'll fall for a Filet O Fish now and again - four of those in a year will kill you - and I ate a McRib on a bet a while back. (Has anyone here actually enjoyed a McRib...with pickles and onions?). But no hamburgers.

As for Doritos...not good since the original Taco flavor, which predated The Border's hijack of the brand. At this point, there's so many flavors that Frito Lay could label the bag "Rhino Shit" and nobody notice the difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted