1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dope burns his stash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=94608199-50cc-48f6-ad33-19d7a0aaec7e&k=26160

VANCOUVER -- This is why they call it "dope."

A nervous south Vancouver pot grower heard a knock at the door and he and a friend frantically began chopping down plants and feeding them into the fireplace.

Billows of smoke soon rose from the chimney as fire slowly consumed 50 to 60 green, moisture-laden marijuana bushes.

It hadn't been the cops at the door. But they soon were: a neighbour smelled burning marijuana, saw the pot smoke pouring from the chimney, and picked up the phone.

"When we knocked on the door, [the two men] came out, and the house was filled with smoke," said a policeman at the scene, who can't be identified because of the nature of his work.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Sounds like one of the closing scenes of a fun little British flick, Saving Grace.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

reminds me of a party i attended.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I recall Robin Williams speaking of eating 'everything in the ashtray' but this is a little silly, no?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The dorm I lived in in college had a reputation as a pot, pills and hallucinogen haven (for good reason). At one point, there was a guy who lived there named Tim Raines (not that Tim Raines).

Someone was looking for him, walking up to the various stairwells and hollering "Raines, Raines, Raines." Some people misconstrued it as "Raid, raid, raid."

There was soon after a massive simultaneous flushing of toilets ...

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i like this line: "He is just an amazing guy, very friendly," Naso said. "He's helpful. He fixed the place up. He's probably one of the best neighbours we've ever had."

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"Every time he cranked up his fireplace, we got a contact high."

8. [​IMG]

That pic comes from Kazakhstan.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well, yeah. good point. i'd be real tempted to call him an amazing guy.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

In B.C.? Rare is the neighbour who doesn't have a stash.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

No, no ... that's K-Town. The Loops definitely wins the title of Hole.

Dated an aux firefighter there ... oh the stories I would hear about grow ops. Oh, the stories.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

back in the day, my friends said bc bud was overrated.

Draft saved Draft deleted