1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't you know who the %&*$ I am--stop this damn plane

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WHA73, Jul 30, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not true.. if anyone of us had tried it, I'm sure the pilot would have been just as cooperative..... bitch

2. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

you feel for those kids? swallow a shotgun blast and do society a favor. that's fucking justice. you reproducing only increases our welfare spending and high school dropout rate.

3. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Says Katie Couric of her own work: "When there is so much emphasis on ratings, it's hard for true journalism to survive."
    Raise you hand if you're buying this bullshit

Myrna Blyth writes: "We've all watched as Katie [Couric] has grown richer, smugger, and more chic. But for years, Today's chipmunk-cheeked, Clinton-loving, perkette sold women, the primary audience for the morning show's mélange of a little news and a lot of fluffy features, the notion that she is just like them: a harried working mom."

Myrna Blyth continues: "Each morning she [Katie Couric] is now expertly and heavily made up — not exactly the look most harried working moms can emulate. And while doing interviews, her bare legs in stiletto mules are perpetually center stage, getting more attention from the camera than the guest she is supposed to be interviewing."

Bitch..you can't make this shit up man

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I was wondering why you were were OK with her not facing a stiff penalty for killing five children.

The bolded part of your last post reveals your bizarre point of view.

5. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

who said i was against her facing a stiff penalty for her actions?

i'm talking about YOU and protecting YOUR future children, as well as society. again, do us all a favor.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"I get no kick in a plane
    Flying too high with some gal in the sky
    Is my idea of nothing to do."

The wisdom of Frank works for Liza M. and for Katie.

And turn off your freakin' cellphone.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Big deal. She was helping out a producer. Not like she was throwing a fit to get her hairstylist on board.

Don't see why she should take heat over this. Plane was probably delayed 5 minutes.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wish my talent was willing to make a fool out of herself to get me on a plane.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I have heard that she's cheap, so I'm not surprised that she flies commercial. My bet is that she was in first class, however.
    Right on about the cell phone, pretty sure it has to be off when they shut the doors or the flight attendants ATTACK.

And there's no way that I would've been able to walk down the aisle of a taxi-ing plane, let alone speak to a pilot, let along convince him to turn the plane around.
    And not get arrested....

no way...

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Did Katie Couric kill her children? Hadn't heard that. I might change my opinion of her now.

11. trounced

trounced Active Member

I thought this thread was going to be about Peter King.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

many of us might've been shot and killed if there happened to be an air marshall on board. what a bitch.

that said, she gets $15 million a year and supposedly brings in $50 or so million a year for the network. they can't fire up the private jet for her? i'm surprised it's not in her contract that she doesn't have to fly commercial when on assignment.

Draft saved Draft deleted