1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't you hate it when ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Sep 15, 2008.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Well, that's good to know. However, I was aiming for this response after you dropped the Biggie lyrics ...

Puffy: "How you livin', Biggie Smalls?"

B.I.G.: "In mansion and Benzes, givin' ends to my friends and it feels stupendous."

You're solid, though. ;)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Tremendous cream, fuck a dollar and a dream.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

"It ain't my birthday, but ......."

4. imjustagirl

I got my name on the cake.

Goddamn I hate Birdman. Love Weezy though.

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

I rarely listen to rap any more, but I'll say this: That song is the No. 1 I listen to right before playing basketball. I really get going when I hear it.

6. imjustagirl

Eh, that one never did it for me. My favorite Wayne song from early was "Lovely" off 500 Degreez. I'm going to go download that now.

Everything that I love in this world
    Has gotta be the greatest thing in this world if I love it
    Cuz, I love this, I love that, I love y'all because
    Everything in this world is just love

How can you not feel good with that?

7. dargan

dargan Active Member

I rarely feel good when I listen to rap, mainly because the times I listen to it involves feeding a mood (mad or bad) I'm usually in. One reason I don't listen to it much any more.

However, here's lyrics the first rap song off the top of my head that always put me in a good mood when we were in high school. I don't know if you've heard of Big Moe or not, but he was huge to us in high school. We listened to him, Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, and all the Houston guys years before anyone had ever heard of them, back when they were strictly freestyle underground.

Big Moe - Bang Screw
    http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Bang-Screw-lyrics-Big-Moe/BD398E6027F93F9048256C3100257A59

8. imjustagirl

Lord are you young!!! :D

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

People say that sometimes. :)

I'd be remiss to leave Lil Flip off the list I mentioned. "I Can Do That" was a choice for class song for the class of 2001, which graduated a year before us. And Big Moe's a "singer," by the way. He's also the size of a Volkswagen.

Back then, these guys didn't do crap like "Grillz" (Paul Wall) and "Sunshine" (Lil Flip) and the mainstream garbage they do now. They did chopped and screwed freestyles that were sick.

Chamillionaire had a line in "Before the Kappa 2K1," a nine-minute, 47-second, five-man, chopped-and-screwed freestyle, that went ...

"Cough, fart, sneeze, burrrrp/Please sirrrr/Turn down your speak-errrs/Lil Twin keep a street sweep-errrrr/This song is a keep-errrr/Five cars deep-errrr/Playin' duck-duck-goose and follow the lead-errrr."

When that was heard in Podunk, chaotic, riotous approval ensued.

10. Who doesn't love GB?

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Gola: Beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before beer, never fear.

Quit being such a vag, and get to work.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm up and at work.

Draft saved Draft deleted