1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't sweet talk me, whitey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Feb 12, 2018.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/boston-pd-slammed-after-honoring-a-white-man-for-black-history-month/

The Boston P.D. originally threw props to Red Auerbach on Twitter for being the first NBA coach to draft a black player and to hire a black coach. Hell nah, some people weren't having it. Can't recognize the honkey at all during black history month. Apparently black history is only about recognizing the things that blacks have done all by themselves, not anything anyone else has done in helping to break down barriers. What a bunch of babies we've become as a society.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Aw, Boston racists don't like being called racist. Poor racists.

lcjjdnh, JC and franticscribe like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There is nothing more Boston than celebrating a white guy for Black History Month and then acting like everybody else is out to get them.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

See, you're making a blanket assumption. How was that tweet racist from the Boston PD? The tweet right before it honored Paul Pierce. Is that a nice gesture? Or just paternalistic?

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Next up for Black History Month: Celebrating the plantation owners who *didn't* beat their slaves.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I hear the Dodgers are going to rename this Branch Rickey month.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

When their Red Auerbach tweet got blasted, they replaced it with the one about ... Bill Russell.

Hmmm, I don't know, Black History Month, maybe the Russell tweet off the bat and not as the replacement?

The entire institution is rotten and racist to the core and this only bears that out.

Azrael likes this.
  11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Or Al Campanis. He was teammates with Jackie Robinson!

Vombatus likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've told this one before but...

When I was working at City Hall, one February we're holding a ceremony for Black History Month. Giuliani is going to issue a proclamation, and he's going to present it to the head of the Jackie Robinson Foundation.

Well, the head of the Jackie Robinson Foundation shows up... and he's a white guy.

Plans were quickly changed to have Yankee GM Bob Watson, who was also in attendance, accept the proclomation.

franticscribe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted