1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Screw With Keith Olberman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 22, 2010.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

"Always reliable NY Post?" You're kidding, right, Boom?

The only thing the Post is "reliable" for is as a faithful member of the Murdoch sleaze machine. So I'm afraid you're going to have to do better than that. :)

2. fishhack2009

This. For someone who's allegedly an insignificant fly speck, Olbermann certainly seems to get someone's boxers in a bunch around here.

And as for the Stewart thing... it's spot on. As usual, Goldberg and O'Reilly have nothing better to do than jerk each other off under the table and sputter incoherently.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's a tail of two MSNBC's - the morning shows- Morning Joe and Chuck Todd are some of the most informative intlectually honest shows on TV.

After 4 pm it turns to garbage.

Morning Joe day in and day out gets a very diverse and influential range of guests. From a political standpoint show is neutral .

This a.m. Tim Geitner was on for a half hour. Best interview I've seen him do.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Why does Donny Deutsch even have a show on MSNBC, besides the fact that he's a buddy/sycophant of The Donald?

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The Goldberg shot is exactly why I view Stewart as irrelevant and petty.

Around this time almost every year, Stewart designates someone as a fucking pinata and he whacks the shit out of it for attention. Last year it was Jim Cramer. After his 30-day ditty on Cramer, I haven't heard one iota about Cramer on Stewart's show. Since then, more viewers tune into Cramer and are finding ways to make money off of their stocks.

Fishhack, Stewart maybe right about Goldberg, but he has nowhere the years and the mileage Goldberg has in the business. Goldberg is still doing pieces for HBO's Real Sports, so he isn't spending 24/7 criticizing the liberal bias in the media.

Jon Stewart could be more relevant, but the fucker loves to pick fights he can win easily by public opinion. I don't have much respect or interest for guys who "hit and run" when the opportunity is there.

Boom is right. Todd is the guy I can't wait to watch, and Scarborough and his crew are informative and is basically neutral down the political aisle.

Maddow is damn near close to Joe on the evening side, if she doesn't so much time trying to be the female Olbermann without the viatrol. There isn't room for two people who think they're smarter than every god-damn person in the world.

There isn't enough hate in me to describe how much Olbermann and O'Reilly needs to have their shows canceled. Using fear and hatred to rile people up for ill-informed and personal reasons is chicken shit and pathetic.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

FOX does it right. They never call each other out by name because they all realize they play for the same team.

7. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

I don't remember which specific day it was (I rarely watch TDS the day of), but either this week or the last, he made fun of Cramer and how ill-timed his advice was.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Stewart has been a showboating boor for years.

Only he could manage to make a sawed off runt like Jim Cramer come off as a silent sufferer.

9. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

The only reason these "feuds" start is because the people he makes fun of take shots back at him. He's a comedian - what's he gonna do, *not* respond to a heckler?

10. fishhack2009

D3, you're right that Goldberg's got a lot of years in the business. And I've loved his Real Sports pieces over the years. But frankly, he's lost a lot of respect with his regular O'Reilly circle-jerks. He really demeans himself by appearing with Billo the Clown. Frankly, at this point he's just another guy who's jumped on the right-wing gravy train and whored himself out. Dennis Miller's tried the same thing to some extent, but just like everything else he's done save that semi-watchable HBO show in the mid 90s, he's a D-lister on the right, too.

As for Maddow, I don't see her lording her intelligence over anyone else. She's one tough cookie, she makes her points with humor, and she's formidable, which is why right-wingers won't come on her show. She's obviously on to something, because the new Republican savior Scott Brown is apparently terrified that she's going to run against him.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Cramer interview failed as comedy and television. Sledgehammer to kill a gnat, etc.

Nobody needs to watch two people arguing who don't know what they're talking about, for half an hour.

You can get that here.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Once Maddow realized that George Bush was no longer President her show improved immensely.

Draft saved Draft deleted