1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't come into the OB broadcasting that stuff! Lamar Thomas may lose job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Lamar Thomas and the Cotton Bowl tunnel topped it for me. The Canes racked up at least 200-plus yards in penalties that day. Good times.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"You know what I be saying on da front porch to my mailman when he delivers that unemployment check? 'We ready! We ready!'"

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Here's the offending comment.

1. It's an outrageous point of view
    2. It's effing terrible commentary anyway

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hey, it sounds just like when an injured current player is "borrowed" by the college station to do color on a game.

And sadly, you hear it more and more from so-called "pros" on broadcasts around the country. They'll put anyone behind a mike.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What a moron... our house..

6. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a part in "Pros and Cons" where Thomas actually bragged about giving some of his money to the Bloods or something?

7. T2

T2 Member

Later in the YouTube clip: "You know, I say why don't they just meet outside in the tunnel, after the ball game, and get it on some more?"

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Still awaiting DLB's cogent commentary re these events . . .

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

after things settled down, I love it how the Miami players gather together and raise their helmets, as if this is something to be proud of......what a bunch of thugs.

10. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

I love how everyone on ESPN Radio and the talking head ESPN TV shows were one-upping each other yesterday. It seems like they were having a contest to see who could be more outraged about this business.
    By the time Jay Marriotti weighed in, they had Lamar Thomas being sent to Gitmo for some waterboard treatment.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Loopy on a "Free Speech" segment . . .

That's like W proclaiming National Character Week.

Mark Kriegel, where are ya?

12. Re: Miami's infamous Cotton Bowl. That wasn't Lamar doing the six-shooters in the tunnel, it was Randall Hill.

Draft saved Draft deleted