1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donovan McNabb (crybaby) and De La Hoya (robbed?) **VIDEO**

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, May 11, 2007.

?

Years after Rush's comments on ESPN how do you veiw McNabb now as a QB?

1. He is one of the best ever! Montana who?

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. One of the elite QB's in the league

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Rush was right! He is pretty good but not that great

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Below average

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. He sucks! This guys always gets hurt, crys about eveything & ruins teams!

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Even Campbell?

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Mentally tough athletes aren't here to talk about the past.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

campbell only is around to roll the fatties. fatty (jvd) is around for comic relief.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why can't you get Paul a video camera, too, so you can BOTH film yourselves and then edit it into a split screen?

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

JDV, I really don't know where to begin with your failed logic. To say Vick is better than McNabb is complete "ludacris" (get it, he's from Atlanta). Vick lost to McNabb in the 2004 NFC Championship game. Warrick Dunn held his own against the Eagles, but it was Vick who crumpled, or should I say Dawkins "crumplered" his wide receivers and tight ends. Vick is the same player that also lost to McNabb and the Eagles back in 2001. Vick will never lead the Falcons to the Super Bowl, yet alone another NFC Championship game. Young will also need to develop an arm and some receivers before he can be on the same level.

6. Reel E Reel

Reel E Reel Member

JDV-

I get your point about McNabb panning out as a bust. Sure, the injuries have played a role. And there is no such thing as "injury prone". Either you take care of yourself and keep yourself in the condition to stave off injuries, or you don't. McNabb hasn't. Of course, in such a definition, we discount "catastrophic" type injuries. Obviously, your conditioning level and committment can't fend those off.

I also see your point about Vick being better. He is younger, still learning, and still on the upward move. He just got a new offensive genius to redo the offense to better suit him, as well. McNabb has clearly exhausted both his capabilities and his body.

Additionally, Vick was never the media darling that McNabb has been. McNabb, for whatever reason....maybe the media loves the images of he and his mom together....I don't know....but, the media has accepted him and portrayed him as sort of the non-threatening black QB. While Vick has been cast in more of the hip-hop outlaw mold, and a lot of white fans hold that against him. And, in turn, it reflects in their perception of his on field ability. They have bought into all the efforts to degrade his "character", even tho he has been convicted of nothing. And even tho he has more than effectively explained the circumstances of each incident he has been a victim of....

Anyway, great stuff, JDV. You've got everyone thinking.

Just keeping it real, you all.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not my style to really rip someone on here. I leave that to others.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

McGwire hit a robust 294/333/353 in that WS win over SF. McNabb was in one Super Bowl by the way Of course, both sports are a team game, so any mention of "rings" is always ridiculous. Hell, Tom Lawless has a ring.
    His team also lost two World Series they were supposed to win easily (1988, 1990). McGwire's career stats in 10 postseason series: 217/320/349 - wow, that's clutch! As far as McNabb not being clutch in the playoff I could point to 4th-and-26 - and then point to McGwire'.s postseason stats.
    You mean no one expected anything of a rookie of the year compared to a guy who was lustily booed - and his team heavily criticized - for taking him No. 2 overall? I'm also not sure how he's ruined a team that is perennially in the playoffs.

But why let the facts get in the way of an idiotic, self-aggrandizing argument?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Winning a baseball ROY is no guarentee of anything, in fact, it's hit or miss as to whether a ROY will be anything other than a servicable major league player. The year before Jeter won ROY Marty Cordova won it. The year after Pujols won it, Jason Jennings did. Bobby Crosby, a former ROY, will never get a vote for HOF.

McNabb will, historically, never be considered one of the best QBs, he's not even in the top 10 of QBs who have played concurrently over his career.
    Stil trying to figure out which rule McGwire broke.

Draft saved Draft deleted