1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Done your taxes yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm just now sitting down to start them ... and I should've done it in February because I am getting a big refund.

But for some reason I have a huge mental block about starting my tax return. I think next year will be when I finally take the Turbo Tax plunge. As it is, once I get started I'll be done in probably an hour. But getting started has always been a hurdle. Mainly because spring is one motherfucking busy time of year for me.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Done 'em on H&R Block's Taxcut software, got the refund and spent it all already. :D

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I got people. We'll meet on Friday, down by the docks.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Had mine done by a tax expert, got a big refund, spent it. :D

5. John

John Well-Known Member

My dad's tax guy is working on mine right now. I seldom get a refund, though one year I got back 29 cents from the state of Georgia.

6. girl friday

girl friday Member

boy friday is working on them as I type.

and I'm here spending time with yall.

I'm a lucky girl :D

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mine are done, and the federal return has been spent in advance on the Vegas trip (among other things).

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

My wife is the most organized person I've ever met, Ms. Color-coded Files. Ours was done months ago. I don't hope for an audit, but if it ever happens, the IRS person will be crying for mercy after a couple hours with my wife and they will never, never, never bother us ever, ever, ever again.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Nope. We're going to owe, so there was no rush. Almost got it done using Turbo Tax.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Did my on TurboTax, got the refund, which went straight to the dentist. Curse you crappy dental plan!

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I owe about $300, so I'll hold onto the government's money for a few more days. What would have been my refund has long been invested.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted