1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Should We Take Him Seriously? (Now leads 2012 GOP Field by 9%)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Re: Donald Trump: Should We Take Him Seriously?

I lean to the right of center, and I'm no fan of Obama, but the Republicans do themselves no favors by entertaining the kind of patent nonsense being spouted by this "birther" movement.

The president is beatable in 2012 on the issues, by the right candidate, but so far that candidate hasn't emerged.

As for Trump? He might be the one alleged Republican out there who would drive me to vote for Obama.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. cortez

cortez Member

The Republican party is wacked out as shit.

4. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Since when does running a failed business and having your daddy bail you out not make you qualified to be president?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's been one of the Republicans' worst traits of late, running very strange candidates in winnable races. Just look at California: Ahrnold termed out, Barbara Boxer on the ropes, and the GOP's best shots were Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina? And had the GOP's right allowed the McCain of the "Straight Talk Express" run vs. Obama instead of another Stepford Republican, I think I would have voted for McCain.

Issues? I wish the Republicans would have some, instead of souding like Groucho Marx's character in "Horse Feathers." Whatever Obama does, they're against it ... but what are they for?

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The Republican party of 2011 reminds me a lot of the Democratic party of 2003: a vulnerable sitting president from the opposing party, and absolutely nobody lined up who would appear to have a reasonable shot at beating him. I don't see the party rallying around Romney, and the others lining up right now have no shot at all.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

What are they for? They're for tax cuts for rich people, no regulations on business, especially not those pesky environmental regulations, against anything that has anything, even the most tenuous tie to abortion and defunding anything the Dems support that they can get away with. At least, that's what they've been so far since they took over in January.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

They're private records and he doesn't have to release them if he doesn't want to.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I don't understand the hate from the right regarding Obama. The guy has been a great Republican president.

10. Smallpotatoes

Well, there's the original, which nobody gets. It stays with the state DOH. If you were born in Hawaii and ask for a copy of your birth certificate, you get a COLB, the same thing Obama has made public.
    Birthers insist on a document with the name of a hopsital and the doctor who delivered him on it. I feel to see the point of that information. There are no hospitals in Honolulu that are not in the United States, so why does the hospital's name matter?

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Yeah, but you would think the man who wanted the "most transparent administration in history" would follow the lead of all the other presidents and release this information. Just because he doesn't have to does not mean that he shouldn't.

12. Smallpotatoes

Did any other president release his college records (Bush's were leaked).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.