1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don Vito: Guilty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Another masterpiece for Fratboy TV. ::) ::)

2. The Q Man

The Q Man Member

About two years ago, one of my buddies went in on a club complex here in downtown Peoria. Four bars, all themed separately. One was the World Famous Big Al's Gentlemen's Club, another was a sports bar, the third a dance club and the fourth -- my buddie's place -- a kind of cigar bar/classy club.

As part of their promotional blitz, they started bringing in all these reality TV stars. On separate nights, they brought in Tommy Lee, a variety of former Real World stars, those obnoxious kids from Growing up Gotti (they kept sneaking off to do coke every 15 minutes) and, finally, Raab Himself and Don Vito from Viva La Bam.

I had missed out on the other visits (was especially pissed that missed out on Tommy Lee. wanted him to autograph my copy of the "The Dirt.") But when Raab and Vito were in town, I had the night off, so I accepted my buddy's invitation to hang out with those guys in the VIP section all night.

When I got down to the club, everyone was at Big Al's. Vito was exhibiting many of the same behaviors listed above, but that's okay when you're around strippers. However, once we moved into the VIP section at the dance club, things got dicey. There was a line for people, mostly women, to get their photos taken. I swear he groped just about every one that came up to sit on his lap. One of our buddies, an off-duty cop, even told him to knock it off. So needless to say, I wasn't surprised when I first read about these charges.

Coincidentally, that night with Raab and Don Vito was the same night that Ashy Larry of Chappelle's Show fame (aka Donnell Rawlings) showed up at the Club unannounced. He was in town to do a set at the Jukebox Comedy Club. I bailed on Raab and Vito and hung with Ashy Larry the rest of the night and ended up checking out his set at the comedy club the following night. Dude is hilarious. Smokes more weed than anyone I've ever seen.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

After watching the show and subsequent specials and watching the CKY vids, I would hardly call Bam's crew a "frat party."

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah, just seeing Don Vito on television gives me every reason to believe that he groped those girls. He's a nasty old man.

5. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

never heard of the guy or the show

what's the premise?

6. Tommy_Dreamer

It's a spinoff basically of Jackass, which was born out of Bam's CKY videos.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Except "Jackass" is stupid but funny, while "Viva La Bam" is just plain stupid.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Actually I enjoy both very much.

9. absolutely. the terrorists don't hate us for our freedom, they hate us because people here actually watch and enjoy that abortion of programming. anyone who enjoys that shit and anyone involved in the production of such tripe should be deported.

same shit with jackass. if you like that shit, you are a fucking idiot.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

We thank you for your reasoned, fair-minded opinion. Of course, anyone who enjoys Jackass is a fucking idiot, unable to have any value to society.

(paint with a broad brush much?)

11. Tommy_Dreamer

And this is why you are so highly respected on this here board. ::)

12. i never said idiots were unable to have any value to society. i just have no respect for them for polluting our nation's broadcasting airwaves.

Draft saved Draft deleted