1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Shocker. YankeeFan found another way around the no politics rule and at least one moderator let him do it.

Why not lead with this post? Because he was trying to be sneaky about where he was taking this thing.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

OOP, what percentage of your posts pertain to arguing with another poster?

By my anecdotal readings, it has to be close to 75%. I may even be low.

I am not saying you aren't correct in your postings.

But man, it gets fucking ponderous.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I cannot be the only person who had someone else immediately in mind.

4. outofplace

They key point is in bold, and in this case, I am clearly right. What is ponderous to me is certain posters constantly looking for one way or another around the rule and often getting away with it.

I think we should be allowed to discuss politics, but if the rule is going to stay in place, I do wish it would be enforced consistently. The mods can't claim they didn't see this one. A moderator is among the posters who responded to this thread. And yes, "Look what the naughty member of this party did!" does count as political discussion.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Internal data shows it's 98.6 percent as of this writing.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

OOPie's got more red ass than Red Ass!

7. outofplace

So, the no politics rule is gone? Great. Let's have an announcement. It will improve the site and maybe even bring a few people back.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The tread is about sexual harassment and how people in power get away with it.

Daniel Inouye got away with sexual harassment -- and maybe even sexual assault/rape -- because he had power, and because he voted the right way.

If you want to address rape culture, you have to address it wherever it exists.

9. outofplace

Bullshit. This thread is about you finding an excuse to point fingers at a Democrat. People are accountable for their posting histories here. That's what MileHigh and poin did to me and that's what I'm doing to you.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oy vey. Retardation runs deep some days.

11. outofplace

Yes, it does. And anybody who doesn't realize that YF was driven by politics when he started this thread is living proof.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No one knew the Senator in question was a Democrat until today, dummy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.