1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dolphins writer--Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Left_Coast, Jul 5, 2006.

1. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

I heard it was going to be the whole county covering the Dolphins by committee.

2. Does anyone ever comment that a paper made a bad hire?

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

It happened once.
    Once.

4. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Thanks for the link to that Dolphins fan site. I had heard of the incident but didn't know the details until now. Funny, funny stuff. The proof that Salguero is an idiot: He denied rooting against the Dolphins by proclaiming his affection for a player and revealing that they chat like old buds on the cell. Does this guy have any shred of objectivity?

5. awriter

awriter Active Member

Good effort, though.

6. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

For the record, Darlington worked previously for one season as the Dolphins beat writer at the Palm Beach Post. Prior to that move, he covered the University of Florida for the Orlando Sentinel. He is a UF grad.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sure... That's just definitely not the case here...

Jeff does great work. This is well-deserved...

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

And...OBTW... said guy didn't play.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

What I have read makes me think you guys are giving him a little too much sunshine.

10. Mizzougrad96

Because we all know the Miami Herald is going to hand over its top beat to someone who sucks...

Some people in this business get lucky from time to time... Jeff is at his third paper. I'm just guessing here, but I'm betting talent might have had something to do with that.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yes.

Just not quite worthy of you going all Sevigny on him.

12. Mizzougrad96

One of the major problems with this business is how so many people find it impossible to be happy for anyone else who achieves success... If I ever get to that point, I'll quit the business...

Congrats to Jeff...

Draft saved Draft deleted