1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DOJ Follies, Continued

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 16, 2007.

1. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/16/washington/16nsa.html?_r=3&hp&oref=login&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Mindblowing. Read it for the details.
    The president "arranges" that an illegal program continues and becomes even more illegal.
    His COS and the WH counsel go to the freaking hospital to knuckle the AG into approving the illegal program despite the fact that the poor bastard's just coming out from under anesthesia.
    The No. 2 guy at Justice tells the FBI agents on duty to interpose themselves if the two career Bushite WH hacks order him out of the room.
    Yeah, the freaking grown-ups are in charge, for sure.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is crazy...

As an aside, though, do you 1) Take back some of what you previously thought about and attributed to John Ashcroft now? and 2) Do you wish he was still AG?

:)

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes and No...

4. Ragu --
    No. He was a dangerous authoritarian yahoo then, and he is one now. That there are more dangerous authoritarian yahoos in this administration is a measure of it, not me. I can't set the bar that low. I didn't drive my backhoe to work this morning.
    No. I don't think anyone appointed by this president should be allowed within 200 miles of the federal law-enforcement apparatus.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Say what, now?

[​IMG]

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Amazing how many people in the administration who would seem to have been in lockstep with this president have been sickened by what they encountered and resigned or were eventually were forced out by not being team players.

I mean it's not like he hired liberals to head up the EPA or Justice Department.

What do we have left? Lapdogs and lackeys!

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"Having duly sworn my oath of office, I undertake today my first order of business as Attorney General. I have ordered 50 of these, to be delivered to the Department of Justice in accordance with our new standards and practices. They should arrive from the Scores warehouse in 4 to 7 business days. Thank you."

[​IMG]

9. Let the eagle soar!

Draft saved Draft deleted