1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

doggie out at WFAN; fat man stays

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Aug 14, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

both HAD no talent?

When did they acquire some? :D

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Since when does choice of college correlate to intelligence? GWB went to Harvard.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Chet - get your facts straight - Russo grew up on Long Island but thanks for playin.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Holy Christ.... he didn't besmirch the Crimson, did he?

5. casty33

casty33 Active Member

writethendrink ... if you really believe what they did on the air Friday was great radio, then I guess nothing I could say would help you.

6. couldn't be more wrong about this

7. You have to understand what "great radio" means. It was riveting stuff. You know ratings were astronomical. Don't look at this from a newspaper or journalism perspective, and don't let your own personal feelings about these guys cloud your thinking. Rip me all you want, I don't give a crap, but if you can't see that what Mike did in that show was compelling stuff, you just don't get it.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Compelling? Was it compelling to hear him suck on the tit of Parcells? They were at the right place at the right time.

9. casty33

casty33 Active Member

write, I guess to your way of thinking, I don't get it. That's okay with me. I'm quite happy I don't get it but there's no way it was compelling to me to hear someone crying on the air when a death in the family was not part of the equation.

10. right ... they just were lucky for 19 years

11. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Russo, with his malaprops and pronunciation problems, could at least be lovable at times in a Phil Rizzuto kind of way. But the popularity of Francesa, a pompous windbag if ever there was one, absolutely baffles me. Both guys have an inflated sense of their own importance, especially the fat man. The perfect ending would be if they both descend into obscurity without the other.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Any credibility that Francesa had was lost when he became friends with Parcells. It became a diservice to Jet fans that Francesa would not discuss all the issues around Parcells and his time with the Jets.

It's funny it seems like anyone who hangs around Parcells long enough develops that pompous attitude.

Draft saved Draft deleted