1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog lovers....this will bring the tears. And yet a little smile.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Sep 17, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I almost posted the snopes thing earlier, but I didn't want to be the villain. :D

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn, why do people have to screw with other people so much? Is it too much to simply be honest? Here I am a damn near 50 yr old man ready to bawl and its fake? Some people suck and I hope Karma gets them.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I can't believe Moddy has HC on his "Ignore" list.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Cool link from Roger Ebert's twitter feed:

http://gizmodo.com/5943301/26-awesome-photos-of-war-dogs-showing-how-badass-and-cute-they-can-be?tag=collection

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

He may have seen it already. I stole it from ijag on FB. :D

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm on my last dog and my goal is for her to outlive me. She'll be four on Nov. 4. Don't think I can deal with the pain of losing another one. The last two (Aug. 23, 2008 and July 26, 2011) about did me in. I don't claim to be made of tough enough stuff to handle that anymore.

Dogs>people. And I'm generally a people person

7. Iron_chet

Our 6 year old Chocolate Lab goes in for cancer surgery at the end of the month. A tumor is being removed from his leg that we hope has not spread as is still stage 1. I really don't want to think about having to treat the dog with Chemo if it has spread.

I am starting to think of what we will tell our 4 year old if Hershey is too sick to be saved. Hopefully all goes well.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sending my love to the Chet family.

I was just going to post here about Winston possibly being allergic to several types of protein, as I found out at the vet today, but it seems so inconsequential now.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

We've got a 6 yrd old choc lab too. My best wishes go out to Hershey.

10. Iron_chet

Thanks for the well wishes.

Hershey is allergic to several proteins. We have found that the best food for him is a fish and potatoe, might be worth giving a shot as there are no grains either.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I know you don't mean it to, but Jesus, that sentence depressed me.

Meanwhile, this thought ran through my head as I began this thread ...

[​IMG]

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Awesome!

Draft saved Draft deleted