1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does this surprise anyone?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rudy Petross, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tribune-examiner-20100804,0,112742.story

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I couldn't understand the lede.

That doesn't really surprise me, come to think of it.

3. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

I think what it means is that if I am lucky, my grandkids are going to get the $700 bucks these a-holes owe me.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

What a weak, muddled story.

It says nothing, except that Tribune's $13 billion deal was risky in a bad economy.

Well, duh...

It explains nothing about how, exactly, it was accomplished, nothing about how, exactly, it affects anyone, or their retirement funds, or their futures, or how, exactly, the situation could be resolved or how any problems should be solved.

How about a response from the group of former employees that's got a lawsuit pending as a result of this deal? What are the next legal maneuvers to be, if any? What recourse is available, if any, to an employees or former employees whose money may be tied up in this deal? Is their money tied up in this deal?

Explanatory journalism at its finest this was not, that's for sure. Indeed, it was barely understandable, and said, essentially, nothing that anybody doesn't already know.

Draft saved Draft deleted