1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Mitchell Report give Rickey Henderson a shot at HOF history?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

damn, that was funny.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not blaming you. I'm not even blaming Simon. As I wrote, I just hate that it has come to that.

I don't think it is enough evidence to say Henderson used performance enhancing druges, but I can understand where that thinking comes from.

3. It doesn't have to "come to that." You can decide not to believe without proof.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He won't go in with the highest percentage ever... There are too many old baseball writers who go out of their way not to vote for guys on the first ballot for someone to get too close to 100 percent...

I'm very comfortable with Seaver holding the record. I he keeps it as all of the juicers go in...

5. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

There's no chance Henderson gets more votes than Ripken or Gwynn.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Like these guys?:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

The mere fact that Tom Seaver holds the record for highest percentage of the vote tells you that record means nothing.

Is Tom Seaver the greatest player in history? No. It's just a fluke of timing and who else is on the ballot with you IMO.

When you really get down to it, anyone who is good enough to get 95 percent of the vote ought to get 100 percent of the vote. I can't figure out why someone like Willie Mays wouldn't be unanimous.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't think the juicers are going to get in as easily as you think.

Draft saved Draft deleted