1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Obama love America?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Two pages in, and not one person has had the confidence to state that Obama clearly loves America.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because other people don't think about it that way.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In this day and age it feels goofy to have to state your love for America. Too simplistic and
    jingoistic. Has a bit of an eastern feel to it.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Reee tor i calll ?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think this would be an appropriate time to do an SJ group pledge of allegiance.
    Please stand, place your right hand over your heart and start at your leisure.........

I pledge allegiance ..................

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm clearly stating I don't give a fuck. And I don't think it matters. I don't think a coach should love his team either, but if he's doing everything in his power to make that team sucessful, guess what? THAT is his job, not to be a jingoistic ball-washer for all things red, white and blue.

7. Dick Whitman

I'm also not sure how it matters what his wife has said or what she thinks.

Reminds me of the Grammy Awards story where Axl Rose approached Kurt Cobain back stage and told him to, "Control your bitch."

Cobain looks at Courtney said mockingly said something like, "Bitch, get under control." And everyone who knew her laughed.

8. YankeeFan

Ok. But, the question was raised.

Does he? How do you attack the question, or the person asking it, if you are unable to simply say, "of course he loves America, and here are the reasons why I say this..."?

9. Dick Whitman

Why do you Republicans obsess over this kind of stuff? I would get exhausted.

10. YankeeFan

Godfather scene when Fredo can't control his woman is the standard bearer.

But, if you love America, it seems to me you would associate with other people who also love America.

Who among Oabama's associates loves America? Davis? Ayers? Dohrn? Wright? Michelle? Did his parents or step-father raise him with a love for America?

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Is Obama now, or has he ever been, a member of the Communist party?

Seems to me it's time to fire up HUAC again.

12. Dick Whitman

Godfather II.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.