1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Obama have a Jewish problem?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dragonfly, Feb 26, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yes...apparently I'm the one with the problem on this board. ::)

I don't need to be told who I am by someone who clearly has no clue. I'm a disabled veteran who felt blessed to be able to serve his country. I believe in God. That I don't fall lockstep in line with Yawn's reasoning or beliefs definitely makes me the problem.

And, like a lot of people, I'm still waiting for an answer to a rather legit question. Consider that to be rabble-rousing if you want.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Ben, I'd go as far to say even if we mattered then, the vote would be fixed by the powers that be. And I'm not talking about Gore-Bush. I'm talking about the money, a particular segment of the media that is subservient to the money, and mush minds that buy into the shit that they all put out there, never really answering hard-core questions that truly concern Americans.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Looking for answers still? OK since you don't know how to use google or type in a web address:
    http://www.jhm.org/ME2/Default.asp
    Now, I'll leave you to find the particular icons on the site.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Outing alert: Yawn is the red heifer.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yawn, I wasn't blaming Alley for this thread taking an ugly turn, though he and I often disagree on this board. He still manages to remain civil, something you fail to do.

He asked you a legitimate question and you are the one who responded with a condescending tone rather than just speaking what was on your mind.

And for the record, I strongly disagree with your position, which I take to be that any person of true Jewish or Christian faith must believe in this country supporting Israel. There are issues beyond faith that have to be taken into account in the running of the United States, though I understand you are incapable of looking at it that way.

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/811251,CST-NWS-sweet25.article

Obama doesn't have a Jewish problem. It's conjecture. He has major, big-money Jewish backers and beyond that, he's a pretty reasonable dude. If anything, I think he could bridge the gap between Jews and Arabs, as I'd imagine the Arab leaders would find him a palatable moderator. As for Israel, there's no way an American President, no matter his beliefs, turns his back on Israel. Just wouldn't happen.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You, like him, prove your ignorance about the post. It is one position out there that is pretty damn strong. The issue with Israel is largely based on a religious feud that has dated centuries. So take your here-and-now approach to life and, well, it ain't worth the time to explain history to dweebs.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So now I need an evangelist to explain political expediency? And how does that support the claim that Obama has a Jewish problem? Seriously...

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/IsraelFactSheet.pdf

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Stacking 'em up against the Arabs, I've long been pro-Israel.

That fact does not necessarily translate into my swallowing the Wolfowitz/Pearle lines of tripe, whole.

That's not happening.

There's an "if you're not for 'em (Wolfy/Bassmouth) in this debate, you're against
    Israel" faction on this board.

Their wholly-dishonest disingenuousness remains astonishing, even after all these years.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Once again, Alley, here's the original question.

"Connect the dots here with Obama if you will...would he care more about the Koran beneath the facade of the most liberal Christian denomination on earth?"

I know, if you repeat yourself several times you begin to believe anything, so to remind you of what the original post was that you have spun to be something else, there you have it. I think it requires a simple yes or no and a comment if you wish. Actually it doesn't require that.

Moving on...

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Strike One: Carter

Strike Two: Fredo

We've evaded Strike Three: Huck, thus far . . .

Get the picture?

Draft saved Draft deleted