1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Notre Dame protect rapist football players?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Here's what I was pointing out: There are four possible "truths"
    1. Assault occurred - Investigation was unacceptable
    2. Assault occurred - Investigation was acceptable
    3. No assault occurred - Investigation was unacceptable
    4. No assault occurred - Investigation was acceptable

In a sense a agree with you: One problem with an unacceptable investigation is that it makes it much harder to tell whether an assault occurred.

2. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Got it. Unfortunately, if you read through all that's been written re: the case (Please, don't bother with the SB Trib. It's the University mouthpiece, which I say as a subscriber...) your options 2 & 4 aren't viable. The "investigation", what of it there was, wasn't acceptable. No way, no how.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not rape here. Just some mundane battery of a police officer by the starting QB:

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/wsbt-notre-dame-quarterback-linebacker-arrested-thursday-morning-20120503,0,7930931.story

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Died, because Kelly intimidated him into doing something extremely dangerous.

What a tough guy. What a role model.

End of thread, really.

They can't lose enough to suit me.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Notre Dame football players had adopted the Brazilian soccer style of no first names...

Draft saved Draft deleted