1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does it make it difficult to root for Kobe ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, May 21, 2009.

1. jps

jps Active Member

agree with petty. guy's a freaking rapist far as I'm concerned. and even if you don't believe that, for whatever reason, the guy is still a proven adulterer -- which would still make me root for his failure nightly.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Congratulations on No. 30,000.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

The mere fact that he plays for the Fakers is enough for me not to root for him. Everything else is just gravy.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Been a Lakers fan since I was a kid. Pre-Showtime. Yes, it's hard to root for him. But I'm a Lakers fan. My brother, also a Lakers fan, won't cheer for them because of Kobe. Hates him. If Kobe leaves the Lakers, he's a Lakers fan again. Until then, nope, he hates Kobe and roots against the Lakers. I see it and understand it. But what am I going to become? A Nuggets fan like all these people out here coming out of the woodwork? Nah.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Room on the Cavs bandwagon, MileHigh. :D

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

So I have to start rooting for my parents to fail??

7. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Interesting thread. Fuck Kobe. Yes, he's one of the best to ever play the game, and I recognize and appreciate his talent. That being said, every time I see him in a game I just think to myself, "Fuck that rapist bitch." And, that being said, what's up with all the hostility, Petty? Did you start the thread just so people could say they like Kobe as a player and you could, in turn, give them shit about it? Are you drunk?

8. jps

jps Active Member

just my mindset, ross. sorry - don't mean to get personal or anything - you know I love ya, man. it's just something that, to me, is wrong, wrong, wrong. and when he's not even sorry about it, to my thinking - sorry he got caught, sure - it doesn't help his cause.

in any case, guy's a rich rapist.

and bl, it's a legit discussion, what with the lakers playing right now and all. it's one I've had before off board, so no reason not to talk about it here.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I was just about to ask the same thing. What's eating you, Tom? It can't be that somebody disagreed with you. After all, people do that all the time, right?

10. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Oh, I've had this discussion with buddies plenty of times too. I don't deny it's legitimacy. Just question the approach taken here, with the immediate smart-ass response to the first person who said he enjoys watching Kobe play ball. And the animosity shown in each post thereafter.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

I actually heard someone say on TV tonight that Kobe is the best Laker.......EVER.

Are you fucking serious?

I would have him in the top 5.

My top 3 would go (in no particular order)

1. Earvin Johnson
    2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    3. Jerry West

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Rooting against "proven adulterers" is like rooting against "proven drug cheats" -- chances are, the guys you're rooting for instead are just as guilty as the guys who got caught.

Draft saved Draft deleted