1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does homeschooling violate liberal values?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I definitely want my kids exposed to conservative ideas, just as I have actively sought them out.

What I don't want: Someone teaching my child that science isn't real, or that creationism and evolution are equals.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am yet to hear something Liberal being taught in schools today.

Addition? The water cycle? The Civil War? Health?

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Republicans have fought against teaching things related to the last three.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Science. Not to be a smartass, but that's the answer.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

As long as I'm on the opposite side of Devil when it comes to anything involving education, I feel good.

6. 93Devil

Public (hippy liberal town which some feel) or Private (Hand of God smashes down and the GOP is good! which other feel) is just fine with me. Please let your child be around other children. And swim class once a week with you hovering does not count.

Seriously, don't shelter your children.

7. Liberals or religious folk?

In our neck of the woods, WE (the God-fearing public) want creationism taught alongside real science.
    I think those folks are everything but liberal; straight-laced conservative Republican Baptists.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I am concerned that the impact of gay scientists is ignored by homeschoolers.

9. 93Devil

Good luck homeschooling.

10. 93Devil

I will say that educators look at homeschooling like journalists look at citizen journalism.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think I'd rather have my kids in school simply so they can be introduced to reality sooner than they would otherwise. And by reality I mean interacting with a wide variety of their peers.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What do educators think about spelling?

Draft saved Draft deleted