1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Disney/ABC own HBO?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Jun 11, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It seems like I'm seeing constant references to the Sopranos on the WWL this week, from bits on SportsCenter like "Who's going to have a tougher Sunday, LeBron or Tony?" to the section on the front page of ESPN.com titled "Sopranos." Even Buster Olney leads off with a Sopranos reference.

Is ESPN cross-promoting here, or just capitalizing on a pop-culture phenomenon?

I'm not trying to rip the WWL here (although I'm sure it will happen), but it just seems strange how much attention they're giving to a show about the mob that has absolutely no ties to sports.

Then again, they did lead off SportsCenter with a news piece about Paris Hilton the other day (yes, an actual report ... nothing tongue-in-cheek, not a joke, just a report).

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

HBO is owned by Time-Warner.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They knew the Rangers and Brewers were scheduled for Sunday Night Baseball, so they punted.

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

That was really dumb to have a report on Paris, when the viewers tune in to get the sports news. Dumb asses.

Draft saved Draft deleted