1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Derek Jeter win in Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 1, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A lot of cemetery voting there, too ...

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

No, that's a myth. They don't need cemeteries. They just tell the county and city workers if they'd like to keep their jobs, they should vote for the certain candidate.

3. Dan Lipinski might be the emptiest suit in Congress, and that's saying a lot.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So every light-skinned black man is now Derek Jeter?

When do we get to start calling every Hispanic candidate George Lopez?

5. I don't think that's what he was saying, but the truth is, Ford does look a lot like Jeter.

Besides, everybody knows every Hispanic candidate looks like Ricky Martin.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The pictures I've seen, he doesn't even slightly resemble Jeter.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I was about to rip you a new asshole... then I realized at the last second that you aren't sportschick.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I love you too, Columbo :p

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My point stands. He looks nothing like Jeter. It's way over the line of stupid. He looks way more like Freddie Prinze Jr. :D

[​IMG]

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not a thing like Jeter. Jeter's got a different facial structure and different colored eyes (least from what I can see in that pic).

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Jeter's only half black. His mom is white and his dad is black, so that might explain the light skin.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I agree with you two. I think it was a completely asinine comment to make, but I do hope he wins in Tennessee. Bob Corker has done nothing but attack him with ads for the last three months, and I'd love to see him lose in a horrible, horrible way.

Draft saved Draft deleted