1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Bill O'Reilly have a Brian Williams problem?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Young children growing up with a mentality of treating others as if they were slaves, thats exactly what the world need.

Bill, Glenn and Rush should not be allowed in the media, they represent neo-nazism.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Creosote, NBC News gets like three times O'Reilly's audience. And I see no reason why I have to take account of fools simply because they all met at the same place of an evening. I can't really help crabby old white people with their fear and anger at the approaching end of life.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sharpton was found liable for defamation by a jury and NBC doesn't have a problem with him on their news channels. Free Brian

Songbird likes this.
  4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Strong stand for freedom of expression there, wedged alongside a wild misrepresentation of their views. Freedom of speech doesn't mean much if you're not willing to stand for the more abhorrent view with which you disagree.

5. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

We reviewed that in Media Law and Ethic in college, stupidity is not protected by freedom of speech.

In America, you have the freedom to have your own KKK views and groups, still doesnt make it right and they shouldnt be allowed to have a tv or a radio show.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If that's really what they told you in a Media Law class, I'd go back on Monday and demand a refund.
    I'm sure the "Ethic" part was a prolonged axe-grinding that had nothing, nothing to do with the law.
    Also, and in a poker game this will eventually leave you broke, you're bluffing badly - you know nothing of those programs you're bitching about.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Freedon of speech" means you cannot be prevented to say particular things BY LAW.
    It doesn't mean for a second you may not face, or suffer, serious social or economic consequences for saying those same things.
    "I may not agree with a word you say, but I will fight to the death for my right to shout you down while you're saying it."

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Dissent is patriotic, mofos.

9. Starman

Damn right! Ever since 1/21/2009!

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ann Coulter you say?

"Wreck this" NSFW NSFW NSFW

I FUCKED ANN COULTER IN THE ASS, HARD

And it was the most pleasant Christmas at her parent's house as her Fox News watching dad was unable to watch because Dish or whatever was in the carriage rights fee fight.

11. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

I know what im talking about, I aced the class.

The constitution doesnt protect stupidity.

12. Starman

Pics or it didn't happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted