1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone think Missouri and West Virginia are the best teams in the country?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 1, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it prejudice; I'd call it a priori assumptions.

2. BBJones

BBJones Guest

eak-spay English-ay, ooley-Day.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Re: Does anyone think Missouri and West Virginia are the best teams in the count

NO, but then again, I don't know who the best team in the country is anymore...

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, unless they're proven otherwise tonight.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Re: Does anyone think Missouri and West Virginia are the best teams in the count

I think Missouri and West by god have played the best seasons this year. They may not be the best teams right now, but they have put together the best two seasons, in my opinion.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The think I keep coming back to with these discussions is that maybe "champion" does not equal "best team". Even with the current abomination of a system, champion is easier to define. Best team? Eye of the beholder.

Do I think they're the two best teams? No. I wouldn't put Missouri in the top five, record be damned. West Virginia, I would. I don't think there are two teams that are demonstrably better than everyone else. Hawaii? I can't wait to see them in a BCS bowl game, which is the only way we'll know.

7. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Missouri has one of the best resumes beating Illinois and Kansas, and Texas Tech by a lot. It's hard to say definitively who the best teams are, but with a win today making the case for Missouri is easy.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Really? Missouri's strength of schedule is ranked 13th in the nation by CBSSports.com, and it will surely rise after playing Oklahoma tonight. The only teams in the top 10 with a higher SOS are Georgia (ninth) and Virginia Tech (11th).

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Which five teams are better than Missouri, and why?

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Oh stop it. No they don't.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Second.

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Would you change your stance if Hawaii won the Sugar Bowl convincingly and the NC game was a nailbiter?

Draft saved Draft deleted