1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone take Doug Gottlieb seriously?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by pantherprowl, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Does anyone take pantherprowl seriously?

It's Doug Gottlieb. Doug M'fin Gottlieb. He's like college basketball analyst No. 18 at the self-proclaimed worldwide leader.

I mean, seriously pantherprowl. You need to stop the q-tip when there is resistance.

2. pantherprowl

pantherprowl Guest

Wow, sorry. I didn't realize I offended you so much. God forbid trying to start a conversation about a sports figure on sports TV and sports radio on a sports journalism message board. And I didn't realize the post would be turned into a personal reaming. Sorry I even brought up any media criticism or observations. I thought "Journalism Topics Only" was for this kind of conversation.

And just for the hell of it, you other guys do know there are other teams with Panthers as the nickname, right? Like ... I don't know ... Florida Panthers, Carolina Panthers, Northern Iowa Panthers, UW-Milwaukee Panthers, Local High School Panthers, just to name a few. Just throwing that out there.

But I'm gonna go Colin Powell on this -- what the f*ck does it matter if someone is a fan of a team? Isn't that how you got involved in sports writing in the first place, or have you become so jaded with everything that you stopped being a fan the day you wrote your first story? Christ.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'll repeat a question asked earlier: Are there any known examples of Gottlieb's inaccurate reporting?

4. He left Pitt out of his preseason poll.

Isn't that enough?

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Panther, it's one thing to ask about him leaving Pitt out of his preseason poll.

It's an entirely different thing when you accuse someone of reporting an inaccurate story without backing it up.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Yes.

7. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

No. But I have an example of his inaccurate shooting as a player. He shot 36.8 percent from the floor and 45.7 percent on free throws at Notre Dame and Oklahoma State.

8. As if your Q-tip crack wasn't proof enough of that.
    Think of the children!

Draft saved Draft deleted