1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone take care of their kids when they're sick?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Feb 11, 2008.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

10 free days is really nice. Their day care won't reimburse them for a taking a week's vacation, not to mention all the holidays that fall during the week, most of which are Monday, which is the day my mom watches them so it works out.

Another example---In service day on March 7...no day care. And they still have to pay for that day....ridiculous.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

When my kids were daycare-age, I would curse those damn parents that took their sick kids to daycare because my kids would come home new illnesses every other week.

3. EE94

EE94 Guest

I stayed home today, actually, with my oldest.
    Missed a brutal commute through a snowstorm
    I thanked my daughter for being ill

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Good. You get it.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This is actually a rather big concern for me. I absolutely respect the school or day care's need to enforce some sort of healthy child policy because I absolutely cannot afford some other parent's kids getting mine sick.

That being said, I pray almost daily that Little Man won't get sick because far too often there's no one else who can take off to get him. He's a frequent ear infection child, so that means he spikes a fever whenever it hits. Now that my mom's retired, she'll be able to help quite a bit, but as a single parent, it can be very difficult to just take off.

Draft saved Draft deleted