1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone still think Manning is better than Brady?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

More favorable media? You're not from these parts, are you?
    The Russell-Chamberlain comparison is perfect.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Close enough to be dangerous. I guess that I was thinking more of the NTL media. A value judgement that could
    easily be proved wrong but just my feeling that Brady has received more favorable coverage despite Ray Lewis.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I think the favorable coverage appearance comes because the NTL media handles mainly on-screen BJs of its subjects and with the Patriots' success, Brady has gotten a lot of screen time.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Would love to see what the story line is if Manning had Belichek his whole career and Brady had Dungy and Caldwell.

I'd take Brady but there's a hell of a lot more to it than Tarheels simpleton rings reasoning.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Joe can eat a pizza.

[​IMG]

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Does Brady make this effort to get to know his New England teammates even though he's pushing 40? I get the sense he does more than Manning. This is huge in an NFL locker room.

I think the parallels between Manning and Favre, post age 35, are incredibly similar. As they became older, I believe a disconnect between the QB and the rest of the locker room was more apparent. Favre was on an island from 2004 on while in Green Bay. Even more important -- two sets of rules and that always blows up in a locker room whenever the plan goes sideways. In a league where any player can be cut at any time, treating a QB with kid gloves is dangerous.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Only if it's the free one.

10. exmediahack

The Manning dislike comes from the endless commercials, from the Football Royalty and the playoff meltdowns. We see Manning during the breaks, we hear the announcers slobber all over Manning like he's Ernie McCracken from Kingpin.

Is he Top 10 all time in the NFL? Yes. He still has one ring and nine "one and done" trips.

Brady has Gisele, doesn't hawk pizza and has three rings. What guy wouldn't like him more?

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Joe has become a bit of a star in the ad world. The fact that he is willing to play the foil and make fun of
    himself has made him an enjoyable character. It's funny to think how many watching those ads have no idea
    how great a QB that he was back in the day.

12. exmediahack

I'll agree on this with Joe Montana. The first time you see a spot with Montana in it, you're like, "whoa, that's Joe," and you listen. I think some of that is largely because, since he retired in 1994, you haven't seen him very much.

Draft saved Draft deleted