1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anybody own a Pit Bull?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cortez, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i do grow weary of the lack of intelligence people use when they vilify pit bulls.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Sharpei' may be the smartest dog in the world.

I have a black Chinese Sharpei (AKC Registered), and she's very rare in that almost all other Sharpei's have wrinkles all through them....my dog has one wrinkle along the back of her neck........and the black.......when she's had a bath, her coat has a lavender tint to it.

She doesn't look mean, but when a stranger knocks at the door who she doesn't know, she sounds like she will come through that door, and rip your throat apart.

Sweetest, most gentle pet I have ever had....and I've had everything from Saint Bernards (Bear) to Chow dogs (Sniff, whom we shaved ieverything on him except for around his neck, and from his knees on down so he looked just like a lion.)

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Of course giving a dog love is important. Discipline, structure and adequate exercise are equally important.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll cast my vote for a lab, too. I've never had a problem with them.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If some local government tried to tell me to put down my pet, I'd like to think I'd tell them to kiss where the sun doesn't shine.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No euthanization without representation.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

But you'd still lose your dog.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Like Hell I would.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In a strange turnabout, thousands of Canadians flee to the United States to dodge the draconian pit bull pogrom.
    Film at 11.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And with Forever as their fearless leader, would launch insurgency raids across the Niagara River, liberating the dogs from humane societies across Ontario.

Draft saved Draft deleted