1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dodger Stadium

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spadjo martin, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Petco is the last California stadium I have left to visit.

I did Chavez Ravine once a long time ago, I think 1995, on a visit. Didn't live in California yet.
    I've glad I went, but I haven't been back despite 16 years in California now.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I also loathe the Dodgers.

HanSenSE and Riptide like this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Me, too. Good for us!

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Went 11 years ago to a Dodgers-Giants game. No hostilities seen. Got a $5 seat in the third deck near third base. (Below is my view of the field.)

Two things I remember: Brad Penny went apeshit and got chunked, and I forgot where I parked and walked forever looking for my car.

Oh yeah, and Dodger Dogs are overrated.

Dodger field.jpg

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wonder how balder that guy is now.

6. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Amtrak. There are buses that go from
    Union Station in LA to the Stadium.

The train ride from SD is maybe 1:45-2 hours. It's a nice ride. Enjoy some drinks on the train.

No way I'd drive.

7. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Definitely go if you don't think you'll be back anytime soon. One of the best parks in baseball.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I went to Dodger Stadium in late 80's and it was a great time, was like the Disneyland of ballparks, no garbage anywhere, beautiful summer night. Of course this was the O'Malley tenure, before sale to Fox then McCourt.

Chavez Ravine, as I learned in the 30 for 30 Fernandomania, was one of the few places where Mexicans/hispanics had settled and they got displaced for Dodger Stadium, which led to the Mexicans shunning them for over 20 years.

Sad to see the criminal element creep into Dodger Stadium. I loved my Dodger dog.

Never thought about the train, would be great probably.

Draft saved Draft deleted