1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Documentary on "The U" of Miami Hurricanes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Dec 12, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I didn't mind some of the emotionalism and celebratory antics. But it got to be too much. You also didn't need to have a brawl every other game.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not one mention for Ray Lewis - strange

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Oh yeah, for sure the brawls ... I'm just talking about their dancing, celebrating, etc.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That is why the majority of America hated the 'Canes, as most you have pointed out. Seeing those images again was Corben's way to make people relive the era of these glorified thugs and rogue's gallery of characters.

I loved every minute of it, and I hated and respected them.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

I have a DVD from that 46-3, 200-yard plus penalty Cotton Bowl massacre of Texas.

Just finished watching it again -- I'd never seen anything like it before or since.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Someone's getting stabbed to death by nobody at all tonight.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it as well (and I'm glad they went 2 hours to tell the whole story), though I do have one question ... was that Bernie Kosar or Artie Lange?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's funnier than Lange ever was when he was doing preseason games. He'd start babbling about nonsense in the middle of a play.

Bernie has clearly taken to drink.

9. chester

chester Member

That was Bernie ... once again showing that his head hit the turf about 100 times too many during his pro career.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

did they mention the BC/Miami game?

11. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

My second-favorite part of the documentary, after the Brian Bosworth wakeup call.

12. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Everyone close to him says that's not the case. If you listen to him break down a football game, it's somewhat believable. He sounds drunk but he sure does know what's going on.

Draft saved Draft deleted