1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doctor Who: Series 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Aug 26, 2014.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Danny sending the kid back was perfect - a chance for him to atone for the one truly bad thing he knew he had done. It was already weighing heavily ... I'm not sure he could have survived coming back knowing that he had the chance to set that right and didn't take it.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

He'd never really confided that to Clara, so to me her reaction wasn't what it could've been. She has no idea that's what he's doing and that's why it rang a little hollow for me. I get it from his perspective, and I do rather like the way it set up the Doctor and Clara kind of lying to each about about being happy. Like two exes meeting up at a school reunion or something

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Kind of a shitty thing to do to Clara, though.
    "Hey babe, I'm back from the dead. PSYCHE! No, really, here's a UNICEF kid that I wasted during the war. His parents are probably dead of dysentery in some third world hell hole, or turned into jihadists because I killed their son, but you should scour the ends of the earth to find them because I'm such a swell guy. And just remember while you're feeding and clothing the child that Sally Struthers spoke about for the next 10 years that I could've come back and we could've had our own kid, but I'd rather stay dead. See ya in the nethersphere!"

Draft saved Draft deleted