1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doctor tells Obama supporters to seek care elsewhere

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So he's a liar. That makes it better.

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

From the line just above the first video clip:
    "Dr. Cassell responds to charges that his sign is unethical, and says 'this bill wants you to die sooner.'"

Which is ironic to me because the coverage my insurance company has forced me to take the past two years makes me believe that my insurance company wants me to die right now (Our company plan is horrible and I've got chronic asthma with some expensive no-generic-available medications).

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Methinks the guy would be happy with a spot of tea

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm trying my ass off to keep this open. I removed a couple of posts that were put up to cause a stir and take the discussion in a different, political direction. Some people are intent on proving we were correct with our political call.

How about proving us WRONG, so we can get back to having some political discussion rather than working overtime to prove us right?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not to make this political, but this doctor reminds me of the story (true or not) about after Reagan was shot, he was wheeled into the operating room and joked, "I hope you're all Republicans."

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

There is nothing in the Constitution that makes it a crime to be a pompous ass.
    I'd be willing to bet even thinking Republicans are having second thoughts about putting their health in this guy's hands.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This thread has a better chance of surviving than a box of marshmallow peeps. [cross/thread]

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In my household, it would last forever, then.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

In my household, there are going to be peep pieces everywhere.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will last longer than the bowl of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs in my place.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I wonder if the doctor keeps a few spots open each day for those without healthcare?

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Of course, because he's a urologist in Central Florida, one would have to imagine that roughly 90 percent of his patients are on Medicare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.