1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you still drink beer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 5, 2014.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The drunkest I ever got was on malt liquor when I was 19. That stuff was nasty, but I was young and dumb.

2. How was the hangover?

3. My dad is a loyal Old Mil man. Has been for as long as I can remember.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I drink mostly whiskey these days. A few years ago my doc convinced me to switch from beer to bourbon if I wasn't going to give up alcohol altogether. Still enjoy the occasional beer, though. And when I do it's not going to be one of the tasteless beers in the story Dick linked. Typically I'll stick to one of the local brews.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I used to drink a LOT of beer from about my mid-teens into my late 30s. When I was in college it was not unheard-of for me to go through a dozen beers or more in all-day-long beer blasts.

Over the last 15-20 years I have really tapered off to the point I hardly drink at all anymore.

I have about 10 cans left of an 18-pack I bought over a year ago.

I really can't remember for sure last time I drank alcohol -- might have been my birthday last September.

And it's not the result of some sudden and momentous decision; I just found myself buying beer less and less frequently. For many years, I'd go through a 12-pack a week. Then it became a 12-pack every other week. Then a 12-pack a month, so on and so on.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Used to drink the malt all of the time. The worst were Crazy Horse, Country Club, Coqui 900 and the horrific Cool Colt (menthol flavored).

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This is not put on the label to give you the impression of a smooth taste.

[​IMG]

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I will still instinctively ask when I hear someone mention Old Milwaukee if it was ice cold and in a bottle. Because then it's not bad.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I still drink beer, just not as frequently as a decade ago. I don't touch the hard stuff.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Bull is Opus One next to those 4 or the Crooked I.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Of course. I brew it.

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

One dive bar I used to frequent after putting out the sports pages had a beer vending machine. Mostly old man, logger beer or equivalents. Think Schlitz. One of the buttons had a question mark and a $1 label. Yes, a mystery beer option. It was a hit with everyone, just sitting around with dollar bills, watching to see what everyone would get, then holding their noses, and drinking it down.

Draft saved Draft deleted