1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you remember your dreams?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Mar 10, 2011.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

So, I woke up sometime around 6 a.m. this morning, staring around the room, trying to digest what the hell I was dreaming about.

I dreamed that I was a baseball player, and I somehow forgot my toiletry bag at the beginning of a long road trip. So I made a list of things I needed, asked some clubhouse kid to buy them... and then I somehow had a conversation with Lt. Anita Van Buren of Law & Order fame about how much I should tip the club house kid.

Here's what I did before going to bed last night:
    1. Play a little MLB 10 The Show
    2. Watch a DVR'd episode of Law & Order
    3. Look up old Monty Python sketches on youtube, including the Chemist's sketch (a toilet requisite-te-te-te-te-te-te-te).

It's unique but hardly unusual. I've woken up before thinking I've robbed banks, I'm late for finals. Usually the memories fade in the minutes after I wake up. But not on days like today.

Do you remember what the hell you dream about?

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Sometimes. I get them sometimes where not only do I remember them after I wake up, but they affect my mood. For example, I recently had a dream about an ex, a relationship that ended badly, and I was in a pissed off mood all morning because of it.

It seems that if I happen to wake up to pee in the middle of the night, I'll have vivid dreams that I remember in the morning after I go back to sleep.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Write the great American novel, teach Romantic literature, marry my high school sweet heart?

I do remember them, and I mourn their death.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I remember mine so well sometimes I'm not sure whether they were dreams or real.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I remember mine in the immediate aftermath of waking up. But I have to repeat them to myself, or focus on them, for five minutes if I have any hope of remembering them long enough to tell anyone else.

The other day I had a dream involving myself, a coworker, Target, four random women, Tony Toni Tone and a man wearing underwear on top of his jeans that he was then using as a carryall for those with him (i.e. they were putting their keys down the back of his underwear, but outside their jeans).

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's no dream. That's the premise of an Adam Sandler movie.

7. imjustagirl

I should option that NOW!

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I tend to remember a lot of my dreams, but the ones that creep me out are the ones I actually (whether in my subconscious or whatever) live them out after a period of time -- sort of like a glimpse into the future.

I can't really explain it, but it's happened several times. And almost every time, everything is the same as it was in the dream. It's really weird.

9. imjustagirl

God, you and me both. Problem is I never remember them until they happen. So I can't explain why I'm like "Holy shit!" when something very mundane happens, but it feels like it's happened before.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I don't always remember mine. Some of them are so realistic that I'm sometimes later wondering if I dreamt it or if it really happened. When I have dreams that my dad is in (he died a few years ago), I feel very much at peace when I wake up.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Almost never, and I'm kind of jealous of those people who do.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought this was another thread about the experience of working for Gannett or CNHI.

Draft saved Draft deleted