1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you kiss your kids?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Question for parents out there.

On the movie thread I noted that I hope that when my son is 30 that he feels he could still give his dad a kiss. My son is 20 months old so obviously not an issue now as the little turd loves to give kisses and my 5 and a 1/2 year old daughter loves to kiss her parents as well.

At what age does the kissing stop and does it stop for good? I can imagine that as a teenager the last thing they will want is a kiss from their dad but I would love it if it continued.

Any thoughts? Does anyone here get kisses from their adult kids or teenagers? Do you want to?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My mom kisses me every time I walk through the door. I'm 34.

3. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

My mom died three years ago, when I was 34. I never stopped kissing her hello, goodbye and good night. I still do it with my dad.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I still kiss my parents on the cheek every time I hug them.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

[​IMG]

This girl's parents do. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm in my 40s and I still give my mom a hug & kiss when I see her. I'd be doing the same for my dad if melanoma hadn't taken him 12 years ago.
    My son's 4-1/2 and likes to give his mom and dad hugs and kisses.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My boys are 14 and 11 and I still kiss them. One of my pleasures is kissing them goodnight when they are asleep in bed before I got to bed.

I stopped kissing my dad between something like 14 then started back up at about 40.

Mom, never stopped.

Draft saved Draft deleted