1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do you have a will?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, May 28, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If I'm single, who gets my debt if I kick?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

This thread will not end well.

3. I do have a will, but why are you asking? Do you know something I don't?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The wife and I got them done when she was pregnant with our little one. It's an absolute must with a child. No excuse not to have your child taken care of in case the worst happens.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm not taking any chances.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I don't have anything anyone wants. I won't have anyone who'd want anything I'd have. So no.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I have neither a will nor a way.

8. casty33

casty33 Active Member

People, people, please. You must have a will drawn up or you face the possibility of whatever you own going to the state. Moddy, I'm surprised at you. You must designate what you own to go to family members or, believe it or not, the state can take over and hold things in abeyance for a long time. Get it done.

Of course, I have done this but I'm a lot closer to the end than the rest of you.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

believe me, you don't want me making up your will. i'm scoring in the 40 percent range on practice problems in the wills section. (need only 65 percent by late july though so i'm not too far off).

If I'm single, who gets my debt if I kick?

every state is different. but here in florida, it goes up to your parents. if they're gone, it goes one level higher to your grandparents and their children (so if your parents and grandparents are gone before you) your uncles and aunts would get it. then their kids get it if those aunts and uncles are gone. eventually it goes to the state if no one is left.

Draft saved Draft deleted