1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a personal website?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jam3131, Oct 6, 2006.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Same here.
    People you need as friends:
    Doctor/dentist, lawyer, mechanic, techie.
    In that order.

2. e4

e4 Member

i recently created a website for myself and i was lucky to get my first and last name as the domain name.

if you want, go through web.com, and the people there will help you set everything up and give you templates to get the website going. it costs me 10 bucks a month on the credit card and is so great to direct people to instead of throwing together clips packages for everything.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Utah Jazz aren't pro?

4. JackS

JackS Member

I could make a crack there, but the truth is, I'm adding 10 more papers this weekend and you'll be covered. I aim to please.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I knew the set up was there waiting to be hit out of the park. ;) But I noticed a couple of the NHL markets ommitted, too.

6. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

myname.com is already taken. Could I use myname.net? I don't know the protocol of these things.

7. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

That's exactly what I did for my last two job searches. It's a hell of a lot easier to just email a cover letter with a link to Smokey33.com than it is to copy, print, package and mail stuff.

And you can get your clips to the hiring editor before those mailing stuff in can.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah, you can do that. I have a pretty common name so I had to do my-name.net. It's still easy and it'll still get you there.

9. ronalong

ronalong Guest

Wouldn't the list be: Supermodel, hot nba team dance girls, hot lonely wife of philandering pro athlete?

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

That's why a friend of mine does the techie work for my site, too. I am not a web kind of guy. My site: www.illinoisreporter.com

It is not just sports clips, but news clips too, since I freelance. But if you reply, use the email address I use for sportsjournalists.com

The addy on the site is problematic.

11. JackS

JackS Member

Updates completed...
    Added 10 more papers, including Salt Lake Tribune
    New CBA teams, including Utah Eagles
    2006-07 D-I independents, including new Utah Valley State URL

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

As of yesterday, I have a BLOG! which is independent of anything I do at work. Just something I thought would be fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted