1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Hate Brian Billick?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FantasyAlliance.cm, Jun 20, 2007.

1. I was reading Next Man Up, and Feinstein was talking about how many members of the media still harbor animosity towards Billick for his tirade at the 2001 Super Bowl trashing the media for their persistance on the Ray Lewis story. He said that a lot of people are still pissed at him for that; Len Pasquireli hasn't ever attended Ravens training camp since. I thought it was really stupid to be mad at him for that. Any of you offended by it?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I hate him, but not for that.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

He is a pretentious prick.
    His 2001 outburst is just a part of the whole.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Brian Billick gives pompous asses a bad name.

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Ditto.

6. interviewed him twice and he was great both times

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Contrarian! :D

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Parcells and Taylor, and on, and on, and on, and on . . .

He's a prick, but he's MY prick, so he's ok.

Bullshit.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Luckily, there are none of us like that. Never had any dealing with him personally, but I know those who have and said he's just an arrogant ass.

And for an offensive "genius" with a trillion plays on hs compuuter, his offenses kind of blow.

Save for one of the best defenses ever to get him a Super Bowl, he's been pretty underachieving.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I loved his appearance on Match Game in the '70s. He bombed as bad as one can bomb, and Rayburn and the panel shredded him mercilessly. Might be the single worst contestant that show ever had. I actually felt bad for the way he continually was dragged over the celebrity coals.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

Interviewed him once, and found him to be OK and seemed like a decent guy. I think one way to judge might be how somebody is viewed by members of their own profession. For instance, Lou Henson called, correctly in my opinion, Bobby Knight a bully. That might be more telling than anything a reporter might say about Knight.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's a prick, but he's a great quote... I'll take that every time...

Draft saved Draft deleted