1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you guys sleep?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by fishwrapper, Feb 16, 2008.

?

On average, how much sleep do you get?

1. Under 4 hours

1.1%
  2. 4-6 hours

24.4%
  3. 6-8 hours

56.7%
  4. 8-10 hours

17.8%
  5. 10+ hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I was the same way at my old paper. Although during the week, I was never in before noon because I never had to do layout. I was usually up until 5 or 6 in the morning, though, working on gamers from the previous night.

2. I can't comprehend how you can sleep for nine or 10 hours a night? I only need 6 to 8 (unless I really haven't been sleeping much, then maybe 9 would do). If I sleep any more than 8 hours I am drowsy all day and feel like a bum for sleeping so long. But everyone is different.

3. jmm1412

jmm1412 Member

If I'm lucky, I get 5-6, but it's usually 3-4. I LOVE sleep. I just suck at it. And I haven't had an 8-hour makeup day in about 3 months.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Substitute "older sister" for mom and "noon" for 9 am and you have the story of my life the last two summers before I went away to college. We had some shouting matches over my sleeping habits.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know what i tell any person who questions the sleeping habits i've aquired because of my job? "fuck off."

6. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

I sleep 4-6 hours per night on most nights. Of course, I sleep an hour or two on the train most days.

Once a week I'll have a makeup day (10-hour sleep or an 8-hour sleep followed up by a 4-hour afternoon nap).

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

In high school I'd work on minimal (3-4 hours) sleep through the week and crash for like 16 hours on the weekends. Drugs are bad, kids.

But speaking of people who wake you up, I had an ex who refused to let me sleep in on the weekends. He'd wake me up because he was bored and wanted someone to pay attention to him. Hell, even children can be trained to get up and watch classic baseball games on VHS watch cartoons.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's awesome. :D

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think the fact that I'm posting on here at 3:30 a.m., on my birthday, after painting for like 12 hours yesterday, pretty much speaks volumes about my sleep habits.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ooooor, that you're just an old bastard. hell, sounds like one of my birthdays.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I thought I'd be able to sleep all day today. Unfortunately, I got called by work and I get to go in in 25 minutes and work all night.

I also get to produce a 2 hour show, by myself, that I've never produced before. This better be a painless process.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

OT in TV?

Draft saved Draft deleted