1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you guys eat vegetables?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sirvaliantbrown, Jul 3, 2006.

1. I've been a sportswriter - well, a sportswriting intern - for three weeks. The score so far:

Hot Dogs 5
    Salads 2

I'm wondering if I this is par for the course.

2. It bothers me tremendously that my first post has a typo.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

See the modify button up there? Go fix your typo.
    Then explain to me why this is on the journalists' board.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Moddy, have you seen most sports journalists at games? We're not usually the thinnest people in any given room.
    SVB, be afraid. Be very afraid.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

No, that is not par for the course. Where the f--- did you find two salads? And only five hot dogs in three weeks? During summer baseball?

Hot dogs 15, nachos 6, candy bars 10, popcorn 4. Now that would be par for the course. Get used to it, kid. Concession stands at sporting events aren't big on offering healthy options.

6. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Get creative. If I'm at games on the weekends, I'll try to mix in a salad and fruit during the middle of the week.

7. i don't know if this thread is a joke, but if you really want to you can live a healthy lifestyle and be a sports writer. don't make excuses about the hours or your schedule or the free food you get in the press box. decide to eat healthy and work out, and do it and don't make excuses

8. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Hell, I'll go along with it. I used to worry about this myself a long time ago.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I'll see you in hell brussel sprouts. [/Bart Simpson]

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's hard work eating healthy in our business. It takes some planning and going out of one's way to find healthy options.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

"And there's an audible 'gasp' from the crowd....." :eek:

But it is kinda funny. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted