1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you Google yourself?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Aug 25, 2007.

?

Do you Google yourself?

1. Yes

61 vote(s)
    95.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm either me or a silver medalist at Gay Games IV....................................................

....Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm also drunk and I want everyone to know Coaster Ball is the greatest game ever, that is all.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

As just did an image search as per EmbassyRow's post and came up with ...

Gymnasts
    Curlers
    Figure skaters
    A pic that ran with a Bret Hart interview
    Don Cherry

And this most disturbing image ...
    [​IMG]

3. Flash

Flash Guest

What a strange piece of ... um ... art?

4. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I died on 9-11 in the WTC, was an All-American volleyball player at Pepperdine and run a software business. But the weird one at the top of the list when I Google myself is the guy who's a "balloon performance artist..."

The photo that comes up in images is the All-American me with none other than Fredo himself at the White House. Good for me.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

All I got was 934 hits of articles I've written and photos I've taken ... shows you how much of a life I have outside of work.

6. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

I once set a world swim record ... for the opposite sex

7. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I'm either me as staff writer at MidMajor Paper or the owner of a resort in Hawaii.

Pretty good choices if you ask me, or, the other me.

8. ive never found anyone with the same full name with me... unique last name
    all that comes up is hits from the newspaper or peoples websites who post articles/the fact i wrote somethign in their bios

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I googled myself this morning. Mmm, ABC affiliate sportsgirl ... wait, what? Why in hell am I at the computer?

My name sans middle initial finds that I'm a real estate agent in Italy, a trombonist in Greensboro, a real estate agent in Vermont, a Christian musician, the manager of a couple of actors' music side projects and a litigation/dispute resolution attorney. I am doing no favors to my name.

My name with initial is pretty much all me, except for one doctor.

Of the images without the initial, I think this one captures me the best

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

• Transportation agent
    • County extension agent (no, not Hank Kimble)
    • Pastor at a large, urban parish
    • Chiropractor
    • Tennis player at Otterbein College (never heard of it)

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yep, i've googled several times.

Professional baseball player and a history professor are the most common matches.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I teach English at Louisville, I raise funds for the American Lung Association of Nebraska, I'm part of a blogring for Wesson Christians.

But most troubling to me, there's some woman who was published in the goddamn WKU "newspaper" last year with my name. Fucking Hilltoppers.

Draft saved Draft deleted