1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you count your change?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Jan 21, 2011.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Not a fan of strip clubs, huh?

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's a pet peeve of mine at restaurants to get, say, a $13.78 bill, give them a $20 and get exactly $6 change. Don't include me in your rounding game, please. I like coins. I keep a jar and roll 'em every few months and take to bank. Just a habit I got from my Dad.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I always like to have some change in my pockets. Inevitably, the days I forget to grab some change is the day my purchase comes to $4.08 and I end up with a pocket full of coins.

And, not to threadjack, but have any of the former cashiers here ever been quick changed?

It happened to me years ago working at my dad's store. I knew what the guy was trying to do as he kept switching bills on me: Can I get some ones? Can I change these ones for a 5? Etc. I thought I was keeping up and it wasn't until replaying the transactions on my drive home that I figured out how he got me for $10.

Draft saved Draft deleted