1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you carry a pocketknife?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 28, 2007.

?

Well, do you?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

My 96-pound mama got flagged for knitting needles. On guard!

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have Buck in my trunk.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Flipper know about this?

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I used to, until I got stopped going into the courthouse for jury duty and told I had to take the knife back to my car, to which I had to take a shuttle bus. So I quit carrying it.

Police randomly bring drug-sniffing dogs into the parking lot at my daughter's high school. A couple years ago, the dog pointed on a student's car (actually a family car). The car was searched and they came up with no drugs, but found a survival knife the dad kept in the car for camping. The student (yes, honor roll and the whole thing) was suspended for bringing a weapon on campus.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I carry a small Gerber pocket knife on a day-to-day basis. When I know I'll be repairing weapons or correcting malfunctions, I carry its full-fledged, spring-loaded, plier-bearing companion.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Don't carry a pocket knife. Just a pocket rocket.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Can we bring our hip-hop friends over from the Journalism Topics site to weigh in on this? ;)

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You could have left me some air holes.
    And not like Cagney in 'White Heat.'

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I did back in the days when I trapped and skinned my lunch.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I had a pretty pricey knife I always carried with me until last christmas -- when I had a little problem at the ATL airport.
    I had put it in my checked bag, but they made me check my bags next to the plane -- pretty small plane that fun day. I got to security and tried to tell them about it. The lady made me open my bag, tell her where it was and then let her grab it. She said I could either mail it home (yeah right, it was 5:45 a.m.) or throw it away.
    Haven't carried one since.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Like John McPhee in 'Travels in Georgia'?

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I did for years and years when I was younger -- part of my Rambo phase -- but I stopped in college and never got back in the habit.

Post Sept. 11, I'd guess that fewer people do because they're not welcome in places like they were 30 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted